For the last 50 years, Materials Marketing has been dedicated to providing world-class, bespoke stonework and architectural elements to design professionals and homeowners. We’re the same people, the same company, with the same mission. Now we want to simplify and elevate our message and we’re excited to share it with you. Materials Marketing is now MATERIAL Bespoke Stone & Tile.
The Sales Assistant supports Sales Associates in all aspects of the sales process in order to maximize revenue.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Arrive to work prepared to be productive, knowledgeable, engaging, and helpful.
- Provide exemplary customer service always. Make it a priority to be courteous, friendly, helpful, and prompt to our visitors, guests, clients, and teammates.
- Greet and provide clients with exemplary concierge level service; answer phones in professional manner, assist walk-in clients as needed if sales staff is temporarily unavailable.
- Answer, analyze, and route phone calls to appropriate team member efficiently and accurately.
- Deliver polite, professional, and informative communications by phone call, in person, or by email.
- Prepare quotes for potential customers through CRM & ACCPAC and client packages for sales team.
- Help maintain impeccable standards on the sales floor so that our clients can see our attention to detail in everything we do; maintain a clean workspace, backroom, and restroom (as assigned/varies by location).
- Maintain all sales demonstration tools and applications and is responsible for the sampling process and inventory of marketing items (as assigned per location needs).
- Assist Business Managers/Sales staff in scheduling deliveries/showroom drops.
- Tracking, expediting orders and providing shipment ETA updates when necessary.
- May help with trade organization functions.
- May provide pricing support to Sales staff by estimating custom architectural and flatwork projects (varies by location).
- Assist with web lead generation; may qualify all web leads, research new projects found online and in magazines, and/or distribute web lead information to sales management or sales team.
- Utilize AutoCAD to produce scaled drawings for sales staff and clients (preferred/varies by location).
- Carry out broad range of administrative support duties (ex: filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning).
- Work safe always. Follow all required safety guidelines. Practice awareness and prevention and follow all safety and incident reporting procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to provide exemplary and professional customer service both internally with teammates and coworkers and externally with clients, customers, vendors, etc.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to forecast and/or resolve concerns as well as maintain consistent productivity within department.
- Attention to detail / accuracy / problem solving skills.
- Technical and computer literacy
- Ability to work both independently and jointly
- Communication proficiency
- Teamwork orientation
- Ethical conduct
- Safety minded
This position does not directly supervise any employees.
This job operates in a professional office and/or showroom environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phone, photocopier, filing cabinet and fax machine. While performing the duties of this job, employee may occasionally attend corporate events or client meetings in other work environments such as warehouse, quarry, or construction site and should abide by all safety standards set forth by that location.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with aid. Specific vision abilities required by this job include hearing, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position does not regularly require travel. However, local travel by personal vehicle to clients/vendors/locations etc. may be required. Must have a valid driver’s license for this role.
This position is currently offered as full-time with work hours typically Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 5 pm. Some evening and weekend availability may be required. Work schedule to be assigned by department management and subject to change depending on business needs.
Required Education and Experience
- 1. Associates or higher degree in business management, architectural design, interior design, industrial management or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Stone and tile experience a plus. Marketing and sales/sales support experience preferred.
- Computer skills to include MS Office and POS systems.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and/or ability to provide own transportation to and from work location.
- Ability to change and adapt to a fast-moving business environment…technological changes and product advancements require an open mind and flexibility to be successful.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: The company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at the company are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. The company will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Important Update: The Company has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees of the company are expected to be vaccinated unless subject to potential exemption for medical, including pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief.