A material handler maintains production and distribution of product by pulling orders from inventory; delivering production materials and supplies; staging finished product. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Arrive to work prepared to be productive, knowledgeable, engaging, and helpful.
- 2. Provide excellent customer service always. Make it a priority to be courteous, friendly, helpful, and prompt to our visitors, guests, clients, and teammates.
- Maintain inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock; recording location of inventory.
- Locate materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
- Maintain in-process inventory at work centers by delivering and opening materials and supplies.
- Document materials and supplies disposition by recording units delivered and location of units.
- Prepares finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading, and securing product.
- Document product shipment by recording units shipped.
- Maintain material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections; making operator repairs.
- Perform forklift inspections and operate forklift
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed or required
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Work safe always. Follow all required safety training and prevention guidelines including incident reporting procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Position requirements include:
- Ability to provide exemplary and professional customer service both internally with teammates and coworkers and externally with clients, customers, vendors, etc.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to forecast and/or resolve concerns as well as maintain consistent productivity within department
- Attention to detail / accuracy / problem solving skills
- 1. Technical and computer literacy
- Ability to work both independently and jointly
- Communication proficiency
- Teamwork orientation
- Ethical conduct
- Safety minded
This position does not directly supervise any employees.
This job operates in a warehouse as well as a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phone, photocopier, filing cabinet and fax machine, as well as forklifts, pallet jacks and hand tools. While performing the duties of this job, employee may also conduct duties of the role in other work environments and around building/construction materials and/or tools, moving machinery, loud noise levels and dust particles. This position also performs duties regularly both inside and outside in all seasons and all types of weather conditions, including heat and humidity, cold weather, rainy conditions, and other seasonal weather elements. Employee should abide by all safety standards set form by the location and utilize protective equipment if required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with aid. Specific vision abilities required by this job include hearing, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position is currently offered as full-time with work hours typically Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 5 pm. Some evening and weekend availability may be required. Work schedule to be assigned by department management and subject to change depending on business needs.
This position may require some travel.
Required Education and Experience
- 1. Minimum of high school diploma or equivalency
- Minimum of 2 years’ production, material handling, or manufacturing experience
- Ability to change and adapt to a fast-moving business environment…technological changes and product advancements require an open mind and flexibility to be successful.
- Ability to operate pallet jack and forklift
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Materials Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Materials Marketing is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Materials Marketing are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Materials Marketing will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Important Update: The Company has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees of the company are expected to be vaccinated unless subject to potential exemption for medical, including pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief.